Defining Quality Hospice Care in Cincinnati, OH
We believe quality care is defined by the wishes and needs of patients and their families. Our mission is to provide the best hospice care in the Cincinnati area to support the members of our community during their end-of-life journey. Remaining locally owned and operated is also part of our mission, as we believe in serving the members of this great community. We are committed to having each of our patients remain wherever they call home rather than endure unnecessary hospitalizations that can cause stress. We also believe the best care is rooted in allowing our experienced clinicians the time and resources necessary to provide the highest level of quality care. Because of this, we strive to support not only our patients and families, but the amazing staff serving them.
Our Levels of Hospice Care
Routine Home Care
- This is the most commonly used level of hospice care
- Visits are made wherever a patient calls home
- Patient needs are met through scheduled and on-call visits up to 7 days a week
Our patients comfort level is our top priority. Through our aggressive staffing model, we can increase visit frequencies when clinically necessary to keep our patients comfortable. Our expert staff and their visit frequencies allow us to manage symptoms and avoid any crises that may arise.
- Temporary/short-term care is implemented at the patient’s home when symptoms are not being controlled through routine visits
- Nurses or nursing aides are staffed at bedside up to 24 hours a day
- Continuous care nurses remain in contact with physicians and RN case managers to communicate and address changes in patients’ conditions
Continuous Care provides the level of support patients and families need to feel comfortable in their homes during crises. Our staff at bedside maintains the comfort of the patient clinically and provides emotional support for the family. This creates a safe setting where families can spend time with their loved one.
- Being the primary caregiver of a loved one with serious health concerns can be extremely stressful/exhausting
- The Medicare Hospice Benefit allows up to a 5 day stay at a hospice inpatient unit or a nursing facility
- This allows a home patient’s family time to attend out-of-town events (graduation, wedding etc.) or simply take a break and rest
- Our team can assist families in finding respite facilities if families don’t already know of one
General Inpatient Care
- Temporary/short term care provided away from the home when symptoms cannot be controlled through routine visits
- This level of care can take place in a skilled nursing facility or hospital
- We strive to keep patients at home, however some situations call for an inpatient stay
- We are able to contract with various nursing facilities and hospitals in the area to provide inpatient care
- Our main priority is to stabilize the patient and family physically and emotionally so the patient can return home as soon as it is clinically appropriate
We provide many extra types of care that go above and beyond the requirements set in place by Medicare. Our supplemental care works to alleviate symptoms and stress through non-medicinal interventions. This includes holistic care like massage therapy and music therapy that pairs with our core services to give our patients the best hospice care possible. Our supplemental care includes:
- Music therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Follow-up for the first year after you have lost a loved one.
- A quarterly newsletter with pertinent information, articles and words of comfort for this time in your life.
- Mailings every few months and occasional phone calls to check and see how you are coping.
- A Bereavement Memorial is offered twice a year to give you another opportunity to honor and remember your loved one.
- Need a little extra help? We can talk with you by phone, meet with you where you stay, or…
- Provide referrals
- Be a resource if you need extra grief materials or have specific questions.
- Help through the rough times: the holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries can be difficult. We can give you tips, suggestions, and a listening ear when times get tough.
I was most impressed with the nurses personal and loving care of my sister. They also treated our family members with respect & answered all of our questions.
Everyone! Every single one of the providers that helped take care of my mother-in-law were awesome. Queen City Hospice was an answered prayer from God.
I have never been so thankful as I have been with Queen City Hospice, aka QCH, and their Head RN Paul Johnson, and Paul’s team of amazing caregivers