Our Volunteers are valuable individuals who offer their support in a variety of ways:
- Patient Visitor: These volunteers get paired up with one of our patients and they visit one time per week to offer companionship and socialization.
- 11th Hour Vigil: Our goal is for no patient to die alone. These volunteers offer their presence by sitting bedside with a dying patient that doesn’t require clinical intervention.
- Legacy Program: Assist patients and families in creating a keepsake photo book.
- Office Assistance: Volunteers who are “task oriented” find their niche in our Sharonville office doing things like filing, putting together packets of information for patients and families, photocopying, and scanning/uploading documents.
How It Works
Did you know that volunteer services are part of the unique care that hospice offers to patients and their loved ones? Volunteers are part of the care team and our “family” here at Queen City Hospice! In order to join our team, each individual must complete and pass the following:
- Application & Reference Check
- TB Test & Drug Screen*
- Background Check*
- Online Orientation
- Office Orientation
*Cost is covered by Queen City Hospice but services must be rendered at the designated locations.
If your heart is stirring to serve our community, we’d love to talk with you! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or (513) 510.4406 to explore the possibilities.
Apply using the form below or download here –
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! If you are looking for a hospice volunteer position you are at the right place. The first step is easy. Just fill out our volunteer application below and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch shortly with the next steps. Until then, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 513.510.4406. We appreciate your desire to join our team and serve our patients and families. Thanks for starting the process; we look forward to getting to know you!
Please complete all sections of this form. This form is part of the permanent volunteer file at Queen City Hospice. All volunteer information and files are kept confidential in secure storage and are only available to authorized Hospice staff and/or volunteers.